Knowing if you truly need mobile phone insurance is always tricky. Do you really want to be spending around £10 a month if you don’t need it? Carry on reading to see if phone insurance is for you.
We will also provide tips on how to look after you phone and avoid damage.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, then it is likely you’ll need phone insurance at some point in the near future. Find out how it works.
- Do you have a history of lost, stolen or broken phones?
- Do you have an expensive smartphone with a 2 year contract?
- Would you be able to replace the handset if anything happened?
- Do you rely on your mobile phone and would need an instant replacement?
Technology has developed massively over the last couple of years and most of us now use our smartphones for a number of reasons. Click here for Apple iPhone policies.
Depending on the policy that you chose with your insurance provider will depend on what you’re covered for. View phone insurance benefits.
At the most basic level, you will be covered for loss, theft or damage. However, some policies also offer the following:
- Unauthorised calls
- Phone accessories
- Accidental damage
- Protection whilst abroad
6 effective ways of protecting your smartphone from damage
There are many ways of protecting your phone, which we will list below! If you have any other tips that aren’t included, please contact our team.
- A durable case – imagine buying the brand new iPhone 8 plus only for it to be dropped and smashed a few weeks later.
- Buy a screen protector – nothing is worse than putting your phone in your bag only to pull it out and see there are scratches everywhere.
- Don’t underestimate rice – putting your phone in a bag of rice after it has been dropped in water really does work.